What is a Forge?
- A Forge is a collaborative development environment aimed at the software development community.
- It provides a fully configured development system :
- with versioning, bug tracking, task manager
- a project web site,
- tools for communication between members of a development team,
- tools for communication with the users and for software distribution
- Technically, a forge is a glue of scripts combining several services (apache,
cvs, mailing-list, access with ssh and open-ssl,...)
- Various Forge implementations
- List of some sites using GForge
What is InriaGForge ?